TATSAT FOUNDATION has collaborated with First-of-its-kind, Near Nature technology in construction ‘Habitech-NivaraTantra onsite Sanitation integrated Housing Technology solutions’ researched & developed at the reputed Asian Institute of Technology. A technology concept that makes – soil to House for the development of rural India. This technology provides Greener, Disaster Resilient, Energy-Efficient, Sustainable& Affordable Onsite Sanitation Integrated Social Housing Clusters.
Objective is committed to empower the underprivileged in accomplishing their aspiration of building and owning a respectful dwelling which is comparable to the best in class modern structure and is yet sustainable and affordable. We will strive to partner with Communities and contribute socially and environmentally by creating greener, safer, energy efficient, sustainable and affordable structures.
The novel Habitech-Nivara Tantra onsite Sanitation integrated Housing Technology solutions have been researched and developed at Asia Institute of Technology (AIT).
The technology solution has Intellectual Property vide a portfolio of patent filings owned by AIT and managed by Prashak Two Indians (Prashak CEO – Dr. Praful Naik and Professor Siddharth Jabade) are co inventors in the patents filed for the technology solutions
The housing & Sanitation Technology Solution inventions comprise:
- Local soil based compacted Intermeshing blocks for making Foundation, Housing superstructure and Sanitation super structure.
- Blocks are cold compacted & environmentally cured.
- Structurally (vertically) reinforced Foundation and Walls.
- Structurally (horizontally) reinforced walls.
- Joist & concrete pan reinforced roofing / flooring.
- Seismic strengthening structural design.
- Closed loop onsite sanitation system comprising Anaerobic baffle reactors connected to uniquely designed graded constructed wetland.
- Low Carbon Footprint: This innovative technology enables the creation of state-of-the art, disaster resilient environment friendly, green and cost-effective building structures, using local materials and resources (unskilled manpower including women) with significantly lower use of Cement and Steel, resulting in low carbon foot print, gender equality and an effective financial inclusion model.
Building Clean, Green, Energy efficient, Sustainable and Affordable Housing for individuals and rural communities.
Impact on Environment
- Disaster Resilient.
- Clean Building.
- Green Building.
- Energy Efficient.
- Environment-friendly, cold compacted blocks.
- Low carbon footprint and does not require kilns / furnace to fire the blocks.
- The cluster provides safety and mitigates risks of health and well-being of residents.
- Gender equality
- Local unskilled labour can be used for construction process.
- Employment of local people, including women
- Low-end conventional techniques
- Joint and concrete pan reinforced roofing/flooring
- No life loss.
- Local soil-based compacted Intermeshing blocks for making Foundation, Housing and Sanitation super structures.
- Local recourses for employment.
- Local soil is the major ingredient
- Intermeshing blocks self-align, making the construction process simple. This eliminates the use of mortar between block layers, giving a highly smooth and uniform finish which obviates plastering.
- Column and beamless building.
- Lasting and durable.
- Minimal/ No maintenance.
After a baseline survey it is found that the cost of S2H project is comparatively 16% lower than the normal building cost (approved by Haryana Govt.) by using conventional beam column construction methods.